The Adelaide smart city project is a world first trial of new sensor technology designed to result in a faster commute for drivers. The new technology monitors all forms of traffic by tracking the movements of every car, bus, cyclist and even pedestrian that travels through the intersection. The drive is to better organise congestion by coordinating traffic light signals to improve vehicle flow. The trial is taking place at one of the city’s busiest intersections at Grenfell and Pulteney Streets for six days.
- QuantumIT and CISCO Adelaide smart city project trials in the news
- Data warehouse transformation delivers massive productivity benefits
- Behind every Good Guys project is a great IT team
- Turning data into insight and insight into bookings at Intrepid
- Futuristic scripting tool delivers ‘gold’ to call centre